Generally we don’t speak much on kitchen accidents as it is considered to be of much less importance. But in this deliberate ignorance, we forget that every year thousands of lives are lost due to negligence in kitchen while cooking. Raindrops Basmati Rice is highly concerned about the safety of your family and especially who engage with cooking in the kitchen. Hence Raindrops Basmati Rice is providing some useful tips which can save you from accidents.
• Clean up spills as soon as they happen. Even small puddles of liquid can cause you to slip and fall. Leaving spills on counter-tops can cause cross-contamination. A quick easy solution is to run a half a lemon across the affected area. The acidity of the lemon kills bacterial almost instantly.
• Never leave a cooking pot unattended. It is easy to forget if you’ve gone to answer the door or the telephone. If you have something cooking and you leave the kitchen, check back frequently. Turning on your timer will remind you.
• If a fire should catch in a pot, quickly cover with a cutting board, a lid or a sauté pan. Cutting off the oxygen will extinguish the fire. Throwing water on it super-heats the water and vaporizes any oils in the cooking pot which then spatter in the immediate area creating the potential for new miniature fires.
• Don’t lean across a burner. Your clothing can easily catch fire while you’re attention is elsewhere.
• Use a colander when straining vegetables or pasta. Holding back the food with the lid while pouring the water out can cause the steam to burn your hands.
• Avoid wearing loosely fitted clothing while cooking. Sleeves, sashes and shirt tails can get caught on knobs or catch fire.
• Use oven-mitts or pot-holders, not a dish-towel when removing pots from the stove or oven. The latter can catch fire and does not protect your hands adequately.