- 400 gm crushed coconut
- 1 liter of milk
- 8-10 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 liter of water
- 200gm rice powder
1. Take 400 gm crushed coconut and mix it with 1 cup of milk and keep aside.
2. Take a non-stick frying pan heat for 1 min, then put the crushed coconut mixture (step 1) and 8-10 tablespoon of sugar mix it well. Cook till sugar releases water from the coconut. Coconut mixture is ready for pitha stuffing.
3. In a non stick frying pan put 1/2 litre of water and heat for 3-4 mins, then put 200gm rice powder into the pan and mix it well. Switch off the gas and put the rice mixture in a bowl and mix it well to make a dough with hand till it become smooth like chapati dough.
4. Shape the dough into small size ball and with each ball press it in the middle (dough) and put the coconut mixture (step 2). Close it tightly and press the edges lightly with hand.
5. In a big vessel put 3/4th of water and bring it boil. Put the pitha (step 4) into the water, after few mins. pitha will float on water and cook for 4-5 mins or till it is fully cooked check it with fork. Take out the pitha from water.
6. In another bowl put 1 litre of milk and bring it to boil till the milk become medium thick. Then put 8-10 tablespoon of sugar and cook for another 8-10 mins.
7. Put the pitha (step 5) into the milk and mix well.
Milk Pitha is ready to serve hot/cold as a desert.