- 1 cup Bengal Gram (Chana)
- 1 1/2 cups Yogurt
- 4 tsp Gram Flour (besan)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3-4 Green Chillies (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 tbsp Pure Ghee
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves (chopped)
How to make Jaisalmeri Chane:
- Soak bengal gram overnight in sufficient water. Drain and pressure cook the grams in sufficient water till soft. Drain the water and store it aside.
- In a bowl, take the chanas and mash them lightly.
- In a different bowl, take yogurt, gram flour, turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and mix well taking care not to form any lumps.
- Add green chillies and mix. Add one cup of the reserved liquid and mix.
- In a pan, heat the ghee and add asafoetida, cumin seeds to it and cook till light brown.
- Pour in the yogurt mixture and stir well.
- Once cooked, add gram, salt and leftover water. Bring it to a boil and cook for five minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.